Filipino beef caldereta is a traditional filipino recipe. The dish is quite popular around the Luzon area in the Philippines. Commonly this dish is served during parties or festivals and special occasions.
- 1kg Beef (Cubed)
- 2 pieces Red Potatoes (Diced)
- 1 Large Carrot (Diced)
- 1 piece Red Onion (Chopped)
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 cloves Garlic (Crushed)
- 1 piece Red bell pepper (Cubed)
- 1 cup Tomato Sauce
- 4 cups Water
- 2 Large Bay Leaves
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Black pepper
- Heat the cooking oil in the pan at medium heat and saute the garlic and onion.
- Add the beef and let it cook until the beef turns brown
- Add the water and let it boil until the beef is tender (approximately 1,5 to 2 hours)
- Add the carrots and potatoes until they are soft.
- Add the tomato sauce and the liver paste and let the mixture simmer for another 10 minutes
- Add the rest of the ingredients and let is simmer for another 5 minutes
- Finally add salt and pepper to taste and the dish is ready to be served.