One of the most famous Filipino Recipes is Bocol Express. The Filipino dish comes from Malate but made with Bicolano style. The Dish is origionally named after the Bicol passenger express train. There are lots of variants of Bicol Express from which we will descripe one of my favorite below.
- 1/2 kg pork, sliced or diced into small pieces
- 2 to 3 tablespoon of bagoong (Shrimp Paste)
- 4 cloves Garlic, Crushes
- 6 to 8 pieces chili finger (Sliced)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 10 pieces beans (Baguio beans)
- salt and pepper, to add taste
- Put the oil in a pan. At medium heat add the onion and garlic until the garlic is golden brown.
- Next you add the pieces of pork and cook it until it gets brown (about 6 or 8 minutes).
- Now you add the bagoong (shrimp paste) and the chili fingers and stir.
- Next you add the coconut milk and the Baguio beans and you may add some salt or petter to add some taste.
- Mix everything together and let it simmer for about 20 to 30 minutes. (until the pork is tender and sauce is thick)
- The best way to serve is when it’s still hot.