One of the traditional Filipino Dishes at Birthday Parties, Fiestas and other events in the Philippines is Pancit Bihon (in english Rice Noodles). Noodles originally come from China and were introduced to the Filipino’s by the Chinese. Eversince the Noodles have been a traditional dish in the Philippines and come in various variations.
- An 8 ounce pack of pancit bihon noodles
- 200 Grams of chicken breast, shredded
- 1 onion, pealed and sliced
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes dissolved in 2 cups of water
- 1/4 cabbage, sliced into small strips
- 2 or 3 cloves of garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 big carrot, sliced into strips
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- a hand full of chicharo
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 pieces of calamansi
- Start by Soaking the pancit bihon noodles for about 10 minutes until it’s softened.
- While doing this you can put the oil in a Wok and Sautee the Onions and Garlic.
- When the garlic has a golden brown color you can add the dissolved chicken bouillon cubes and also the shredded chicken breast with all the vegetables until cooked.
- Mix everything together with the Pancit Bihon and add some soy sauce for the taste.
- Let is cook for another 5 minutes until the noodles are soft.
- Add some salt and petter to taste and serve the Filipino Bihon Dish with some sliced calamansi on the side.