Filipino Chop Suey is a traditional Filipino recipe that comes in many variations. In this variation we used a mamasita mix since we don’t have all the ingredients available in the country I come from. Originally Filipino Chop Suey also includes corn starch beans and baby corn.
- 100g Cabbage (chopped)
- 100g Cauliflower (chopped)
- 100g Broccoli (chopped)
- 100g Snow Peas
- 2 Medium Carrots (chopped)
- 1 Medium Bell pepper (red) (chopped)
- 1 Medium Bell pepper (yellow) (chopped)
- 3 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 piece Onion
- 1 packet Mamasita chop Suey
- 2 teaspoons Oliv Oil
- 250g Boneless Chicken (diced)
- 250g Pork (diced)
- 1 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pan and place the garlic and onions til its golden brown
- Add the pork and chicken until almost cooked
- next add the water and the mamasita chop chuey mix.
- Add all the vegatables except the cabbage and stir fry the whole mix for about 15 minutes
- adjust the flavor according to taste with Salt and Pepper
- finally add the cabbage and let it cook for aproximately another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with Rice