Filipino Pancit Sotanghon Guisado is another variety of noodle dish which uses Sotanghon (vermicelli) as the main ingrediënt. This dish typically uses anato seeds or Achiote (achuete) for coloring purposes but since it’s hard to find in our area, if not unavailable, i decided not to include it in the list of ingredients.
- 1 klo. Vermicelli noodles
- 1 chicken broth cube
- 1 kilo chicken
- 1000 ml water
- virgin coconut oil or ordinary cooking oil
- 1 medium sized onion (diced)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 pcs small-medium sized carrots (julliened)
- about 1 cup spring onions (chopped)
- 2-3 tbsp. fish sauce
- fried garlic (optional)
- Put the chicken broth cube in the water and bring it to a boil.
- Add the chicken and let it simmer until it becomes soft enough to fall apart on its own. (about an hour).
- Remove the chicken from the broth. Set aside the broth for later use.
- Shred the chicken. Discard skin and bones. Set aside.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan. Saute onion and garlic.
- Add the shredded chicken and saute for about 3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the carrots and spring onions and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce and the sotanghon noodles. Mix well while cooking for about 2 minutes.
- Lastly, garnish with some spring onions and fried garlic.