Tapsilog is a combination of three tagalog words: Tapa which are fried beef strips, sinangag which is fried rice and itlog which means egg. Tapsilog is usually served for breakfast and can even be found in famous fastfood chains in the Philippines.
This recipe is written with the assumtion that you know how to cook an egg and fried rice and we mainly put the focus on preparing the beef (Tapa).
- 500 grams of beef
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper (grounded)
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of finely grated garlic
- 1 thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 3 cups of fried rice
- 3 fried eggs, sunny side up
- Slice the beef into small strips and place the sliced beef pieces aside.
- Mix the salt, black pepper, oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar and garlic in a bowl.
- Get a transparent plastic bag and put the sliced strips of beef inside the bag together with the mixed ingredients.
- Mix the beef and the ingredients well and place the mix into the refrigerator for approximately 20 hours
- To make the beef tender put two cups of water in a cooking pan, place the marinated tapa in the pan and let it boil until the water evaporates.
- When there’s no more water, add about two or two and a half tablespoon of oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Spread the slices of over the entire bottom of the pan for even cooking and fry until it’s almost done.
- Add some ontion slices, stir, cook for another one minute and turn off the heat.
- Place the tapa on a plate and serve the dish with fried rice and egg.