Filipino Tortang Giniling (na Baboy) is a simple Filipino recipe which is typically served during breakfast or lunch. The recipe as described below is the traditional way to cook it. You can however add other ingrediënts like vegetables. Your children won’t have a clue!
- 3 cloves garlic, pounded finely
- 1 large red onion, minced finely
- 450 grams ground pork
- 1 big potato, skinned and chopped in cubes
- 1 tablespoon black pepper (ground)
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 6 pieces of egg (beaten)
- Oil for cooking
- Start to saute the garlic in the cooking oil until it is medium brown.
- Add the minced onions and potatoes.
- Add the ground pork after the potatoes are half cooked.
- You may add some salt and pepper to taste and wait until the pink of the meat if gone and the ground pork is tender.
- Put the mixture aside and let it cool down.
- Then add the the beaten eggs to the ground pork mixture and mix all ingredients together.
- Pour the mixture into a pan and fry it until the color of the egg is golden brown on both sides.
- Serve warm with a sauce like ketchup.