A well known Filipino Recipe. Giniling can be made in many different ways and u can give your own touch to the recipe. It is typically a sweet recipe and inexpensive to make.
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 2 tbsps. olive oil
- 2/3 garlic cloves, peeled and mashed
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 tbsps. fish sauce
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 3 tbsps. tomato paste
- 1-2 tbsps. soy sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 small potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup peas
- 1/4 cup raisins
- salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a wok or big pan.
- When the oil reached cooking temperature you can add the mashed garlic and let it fry until it’s medium brown.
- Add the chopped red onions and cook it till it’s transflucent.
- Once it is, you may add the ground beed and cook it till the pink of the meat if gone.
- For the taste you can add some fish sauce and let it fry for a few minutes so the meat can absorb the fish sauce.
- Next you can add the diced tomatoes and let it cook for approximately 2 minutes so the tomatoes will be soft enough to mash into the meat.
- After this step you can add the soya sauce and tomato paste.
- Mix everything together and add the water.
- Add the diced potatoes and carrots which have to cook until it’s soft/tender.
- This may take quite a while but afterwards you can add the peas, raisins and the red and green bell pepers and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
- Finally add some salt and pepper to bring the taste to your needs.